Why not spend some of this years Christmas profits on your most favorite OS? FreeBSD calls for donations, every dollar counts! While free to use FreeBSD is certainly not free to develop: Investments need to be made into hardware and developers may need to be paid! Head over to http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/ and make your donation to show your support and help out the project. Your donations enable people that care about FreeBSD to keep improving it and keep working on it.
If you want to know where your money is going, here is a non-exhaustive list from what happened last year:
- Funding development projects to improve FreeBSD, including: Capsicum Application Sandboxing, Growing UFS Filesystems Online, the NAND Flash File System, IPv6 Performance Analysis and Improvements, Distributed Security Audit Logging, and porting FreeBSD to the Efika ARM platform.
- Educating the public and promoting FreeBSD. We produced a high-quality FreeBSD 9 brochure and visited companies to help facilitate collaboration efforts with the Project.
- Sponsoring BSD conferences and summits in Europe, Japan, Canada, and the US.
- Protecting FreeBSD IP and providing legal support to the Project.
- Purchasing hardware to build and improve FreeBSD project infrastructure.
If you donated, you are awesome!